Research & Development:
Research and development is the backbone of institutions for higher learning where knowledge is not only transferred but consistently generated, ideas are evolved, hypotheses are developed and proved, their applications are demonstrated and prototypes are built for fabrication through the industry for the benefits of the community. This necessitates the need to establish the Research and Development Department with the aim to facilitate and co-ordinate research activities in AFRO-ASIAN INSTITUTE departments.
- To ensure that high quality research of direct relevance to our country’s needs, pertaining to both public and private sectors.
- To establish linkages between AFRO-ASIAN INSTITUTE Departments/industry both in the public and private sectors and to facilitate contract research benefit to the AFRO-ASIAN INSTITUTE and public/private sectors.
- To assist in obtaining research grants from the public/private sector and foreign agencies.
- To generate R&D funds through sponsored projects and consultancy services for further upgradation of libraries, computing facilities, laboratories and research facilities at AFRO-ASIAN INSTITUTE.
- To co-ordinate placement of students at different stages of their education with relevant organizations for practical training and subsequent employment.
- To encourage and activate research activities in order to upgrade the overall quality of teaching and learning within AFRO-ASIAN INSTITUTE.
- To keep the AFRO-ASIAN INSTITUTE faculty abreast of the latest developments in their respective areas of specialization.
- To disseminate research findings through conferences/seminars and workshops etc.