Affiliated with Punjab Medical Faculty
Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology course is an operations management course. This course prepares the candidates to work in the operation theatre as a competent reliable technician among the other members of the health care team. This course will provide candidates with the technical and interpersonal skills required to work under the supervision of nursing, anesthetists and surgical personnel. The candidate must be up to date about technical innovations in the field of Operation Theater. This course includes dealing with various sort of equipment and management techniques in operation theatre and also with the patient community.
Afro-Asian Institute offers highly sophisticated equipment, experienced and talented educators, state-of-the-art laboratories to ensure comprehensive teaching with safe environment. For better clinical practices, we have MOU with Govt. Mian Munshi DHQ Teaching Hospital, Lahore, Govt. Mozang Teaching Hospital Lahore.
OT technicians usually work under the supervision of expert nursing, paramedical staff, anesthetists and surgical personnel. The candidate must be up-to-date about technical innovations in the field. With the passage of time, upon observing day to day procedures of surgery, many technicians learn these procedures and can perform some minor surgeries but under the supervision of some seniors. OT Technicians have an excellent scope in Pakistan and abroad in all Government & Private hospitals, nursing homes and specialized clinics etc.
Program Learning Outcomes
Diploma in Operation Theatre Technique equips and trains the candidates to work in the operation theatre as a reliable technician and a healthcare management team member.
- The students under this course learn to operate various diagnostic equipment like ventilators, defibrillators, monitors, heart rate monitors etc.
- The students also learnt interpersonal and assessment skills.
- The course also focuses on training the students about infection monitoring skills and knowledge and other procedures in the operation theatre.
- The students will also learn proper protocols and procedures through which they can assist various professional in the operation theatre such as anaesthesiologist, nurses etc.
- They also learn how to sanitise and sterilise the operation theatre according to the NABH protocols and also help the nurses to carry out their roles properly.
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.